If you have limited time or a long weekend break, this tour is ideal for you. In these 4 days you will get a chance to learn about the richness of the history and culture of Bosnia and Herzegovina, have some of the best sightseeing, and taste some of the most delicious traditional cuisine. You will discover the best of Sarajevo and Mostar, as well as places in between.
The tour agenda will offer a full picture of the itinerary of the „A touch of Bosnia and Herzegovina“ tour!
Day 1 – Welcome to Sarajevo
Arrive in Sarajevo and check into hotel. After check in you will have a city tour through the historical and cultural sites in the center of Sarajevo:
- The Old Town – Baščaršija – is the heart of Sarajevo. You will visit the city’s cultural and historic sights and enjoy getting lost in its small streets
- With a visit to the historic mosques, churches and synagogues of Sarajevo you will discover why Sarajevo is called the “European Jerusalem”
- In Sarajevo you can read Bosnian’s history through its streets and buildings. As we walk around you will learn about the Ottoman and Austro-Hungarian rules as well as the landmarks of past wars: WWI, WW2 and the scars of the 1992 – 95 war
- After visiting the heart of Sarajevo we will enjoy lunch and dinner at Sarajevo’s famous restaurants, where the local food is natural, organic and delicious
- Return to hotel and overnight in Sarajevo
Day 2- Sarajevo’s surroundings and natural beauty
Departing from the hotel:
- We will start our day with a visit to the source of River Bosna, set within beautiful nature reserve. You will have a chance to enjoy a horse and carriage ride down the Great Alley through a lined with around 3.000 chestnut and plane trees that are over 100 years old. The last tree in the Alley was planted in 1894.
- The Sarajevo Tunnel was an underground tunnel constructed between March and June 1993 during the Siege of Sarajevo. You will get a full understanding of the siege and the extent of the war
- Sarajevo hosted the 1984 Winter Olympics and you will get a chance to explore the Winter Olympic sites at Bjelašnica, Igman and Trebević mountains
- We will enjoy the lunch in the fresh air of the surrounding hills of Sarajevo areas
- Return to hotel and overnight in Sarajevo
Day 3 – Herzegovina day tour
Departing from the hotel and heading south by road to the Herzegovina region:
- We will have a beautiful journey through amazing mountainous countryside
- First stop will be in the ancient town of Konjic on the Neretva River
- Next stop will be at The Old Town of Mostar and famous Stari Most bridge – a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- The 400 year old Sufi tekkiya at Blagaj located by the stunning source of the Buna Spring is something that you will not see anywhere else and it will just take your breath away
- One of the most beautiful historic towns – Počitelj – a UNESCO World Heritage Site – will be our last stop. You will have a chance to get lost in its charming small streets
- Lunch and dinner will be at one of the many restaurants located along the route where we will enjoy grilled meats or fish
- Return to Sarajevo
Day 4 – Farewell and departure
Free time in Sarajevo:
- Walking around the city, enjoy coffee, shopping, buying souvenirs etc.
- Depart to the airport
After the tour you will catch a glimpse of all amazing things and places you can experience and do in this lovely heart shaped land and plan a longer trip next time.
The price includes:
|Transport from Sarajevo and back|
|Licensed tour guide|
|Lunch and dinners|
|Carriage ride down the Great Alley|
|Admission to all the sites from the agenda|
Please note that all tours/packages we do are shared tours, unless specifically agreed as private option. Participants interested in a private trip may contact Amazing BiH at firstname.lastname@example.org, and a quote will be provided.
The tour price is based on a group of seven participants. Individual guests can join an existing group. For a smaller group, please check out our tour pricing listed below. Definite departure will be confirmed to participants by email/phone.
|Number of persons||2||3||4||5||6||7+|
|Price per person||625 €||509 €||399 €||349 €||319 €||299 €|
Note: Children aged five to fifteen get a 50% discount on most tours.
What to bring
Comfortable shoes and clothes; Sunscreen; Fleece; Sun hat; 1 liter of water; Rain gear (in case of rain); Camera; Snack along the way.